Friday, August 27, 2010

Puppy love

Ohh a post! See, it wasn't really farewell! I can never make up my mind!

The day has come for me to pack up and move! I'm terrified and excited all a the same time. I'm excited for school, new adventures, and starting in a new place, but I am having some serious separation anxiety.

I have a 3 year old dog and I have become insanely attached to him. If I am away from home for longer than 3 days I get homesick for him! It was a really really hard decision to leave him behind (with my parentals!! not giving him up! I could never do that!). I just know it wouldn't be fair to him to be couped up in a tiny apartment all by himself most of the day when he has a whole house and yard here. We haven't been apart for more than a week at one time since I got him 3 years ago!

I know it sounds like I'm some kind of crazy dog lady, but I just adore my puppy. He's such a sweet baby! I'm not the crazy kind that dresses their dog up. That creeps me out. I did put devil horns on him once for halloween though...

Anyways so yes, with each day I've had more and more anxiety about leaving him behind. This entry sounds a bit manic. I will blame it on all the stress of packing, moving, and trying to fit in family and friend time before the move. I've become so flustered that I have double booked myself several times this week. Friday for example, I had lunch plans with 2 different people and 2 different dinner plans too. Why can't I keep these things straight?!

No comments: