Thursday, May 13, 2010

Roadblock.

Wednesday nights have become one of my favorite nights. It's usually the night girlfriend doesn't have to work at the hospital, I get off shift early, and it's our GLEE night. The best part is not having to work the next day. It's pretty much the only part of our schedules that don't clash.

I really love spending time with her. I haven't really felt this way about anyone in a long time. It's just the impending move to the midwest that's got me nervous. We've only been together 2 and a half months, but we've gotten pretty attached to each other. In three months I'm moving 2/3 of the way across the country. I know it's time we stop glossing over this fact, pretending it's not coming as soon a it really is. Her surgical residency is here. My school is there.

My timing really sucks. As much as trying to do a long distance thing would suck, but let us stay together, it just doesn't seem feasible. I don't plan on flying back very often because I'll be trying to find clinical internships that will most likely be out there as well, she can't visit, because she barely has enough time to sleep and see me right now as it is.

It's like we've hit this huge roadblock and neither of us is really sure what to do.

No comments: