Thursday, May 14, 2009

All cultured out.

Wow. So much has happened. so I'm going to keep it as brief as possible.

I saw Dirty Dancing, the musical, which was pretty good. The guy that sang 'Time of Your Life' made me swoon. I think I fell in love. Just kidding, but his voice was amazing. Then I saw Grease the next day with Taylor Hicks. He made the best of his one song, I wasn't really interested in him as much as the musical, but it was an added bonus. They changed the arrangement. I. Hated. It. Totally interrupts the storyline. The people in front of us hated it more and left during intermission. I wish we stole their seats because the large smelly man next to me was invading my space and then accidentally sat on me when Taylor Hicks came out to play his new single after the show. My sister laughed at me.

Wednesday I saw Shen Yun Divine Performing Arts. That was amazing beyond words, the traditional dance, and stories were pretty amazing. Divineperformingarts.com check it out ;)

What sucks is that I've been feeling sick on and off lately. HOLY JEEZ THE SWINE FLU! Ha. Ha. No. If only I had an excuse like that to get out of work. Speaking of which, it kinda just dropped off the radar eh? Maybe everyone realized they were panicking over.... the flu.

After 3 musicals in a span of 5 days, I thought I'd be all cultured out. I'm really just exhausted from people.

2 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

With all these musicals I would have definitely burst into songs randomly... I am one of those creeps that find that life would have been much better if it was a musical!

BTW you have been awarded! :-)

Erin said...

Aww thanks!

I agree, if only I could sing. Instead I just admire those who can haha.