Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Receptionists that you just want to strangle.

RARRRR. I hate freaking E-Rx's sometimes. From some ridiculous quantities, incomplete Rx's, or when they decide send the same script TWICE through E-scribe, once through the fax, and also to the pharmacy down the street. SERIOUSLY?

What I hate even more are refill requests for prescribers on E-scribe. You cannot "refax it" easily if they didn't get it the first time. My favorite is "We don't have e-scribe." .... but your doctor and entire office has an ID number... and you sent us one last week. "Oh.. What's e-scribe?"

Today I just wanted to rip this office a new one.

"We e-faxed a request through e-scribe 4 days ago."
"Oh that's not our patient."
... That's not what you told them 10 minutes ago.
"Oh, THAT patient (wtf??) we never got anything. Can you fax it again?"
"We did, we faxed you manually yesterday to the number you gave us, and this morning. Can you give us a verbal rx because your fax machine does not seem to be working?"
"We need you to fax us."
"Ok I will, but your fax machine does not seem to be working so how will I know if you recieve it?"
"I'll call you."

I refax it again and this goes on periodically for the next 4 hours. The patient calls us screaming at us for 'not faxing the doctor the refill request' because they still haven't recieved anything. Bitch never called back of course. So we kept calling because they kept yelling at us to call because "Obviously we are not doing our job."

By the third call and manual fax to the office I wanted to strangle this receptionist. I asked her, if we had faxed it to the office THREE times today in the last 5 hours and she hasn't recieved ONE What makes her think that it will go through NOW?

"Just fax it again." BITCH YOU DIDN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!!! was screaming in my head. Instead I just asked her to ask the doctor to call in a new RX so the patient can have their medication before they close. "No. We need you to fax us."

AWOIJEOIAWJFOWIJE Jesus fucking christ is your fax machine on???

The last time I called I got someone different. Thank fucking god, because I was ready to break something. We fax it one more time, and they turned on the fax machine finally and I get a call 45 minutes later that they got it and will call us back later.

Fuck that I'm off shift. Good luck with that shit. The patient was a lot nicer in the end. I told her the whole ordeal and that we tried to get them to give us a new rx over the phone because of their fax issue, and she offered to go down to the office herself if they wouldn't take care of it. I hope she bitch slaps that receptionist.

1 comment:

Phathead said...

The biggest hospital in our town switched to E-Rxs about a year ago. One of the pharmacists and I kept a tally that we politely sent to them after the first year to show them how terrible the system is.

Number of scripts we had to send back for errors prior to E-Rx per day: 1.2


Number of scripts we had to send back for errors prior to E-Rx per day: 5.7

What does that tell ya?