Friday, March 6, 2009

Oh, bullocks.

So my body has finally given me the stop sign. Ya know, the sign where it refuses to do anything useful except be irritable and useless. After my fun injury in the last post I showered up and went to work. Right, first off, what was I thinking? I was already a wee bit sick, but I figured I could use the money and they seemed pretty desperate. After about 5 hours of working I was feeling not so great. I went home, took some nyquil (ick) and went to bed. I woke up to three messages from work asking if I could come in again. D'oh. And I said yes. Please, this is when I need someone to just smack me upside the head and say, "Are you effing stupid or something?"

This time I lasted two hours before I wanted to kick one of my coworkers for being an asshole and my head started to reel. So I went home and rested up. Now it's time for me to actually work my own shift. I wake up that morning feeling like absolute shit. I haven't felt this sick in years. I get the sniffles and a slight cold here and there being surrounded by sick patients and all, but this was too much.

So two days, some homeopathic remedies, and a bottle of nyquil later, I am feeling slightly better. I am slightly disgusted that I finished that bottle of nyquil in a mere two days, but the coughing and congestion was bordering on suffocating me without it.

I hope I can last my shift today. Plus, I am supposed to be seeing Rent on Sunday!! I must feel better by then! Or, I will just pump myself full of drugs so I will think I feel better haha. Ok, I'm kidding about the drugs bit. I have refused seeing a doctor for the past two days because I don't really want to be on antibiotics. Something to make this cough go away would be wonderful though.

No comments: