Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mamma Mia, here we go again...

Ok, so once again I was off to LA to see another musical. I can't believe all the great things I've been able to experience and do this year. One of the highlights is being able to see so many musicals. If you don't know me, I am a huge theatre/musical theatre nerd.

The weirdest thing happened though in the middle of act I. I was just sitting there minding my own business when suddenly the lady next to me reaches over and scratched my arm. I nearly jumped out of my seat in shock. I am the type of person that needs personal space from strangers. If we're close than I don't mind my bubble being invaded, but I don't like being touched by strangers.

Of course my first reaction is to look over and stare at the culprit. Weird. She didn't even acknowledged that she creepily scratched my arm, accident or not. It's a dark theatre, I understand. I guess.

It was a pretty good production! It's hard to live up to after seeing Wicked, Phantom, and Rent, but it was still very enjoyable. They had some mic problems (I only notice because I used to play around as a theatre tech in high school), but otherwise the show was hilarious. People hopping about in snorkeling gear, making funny sexual gestures at each other and just the overall light-heartedness and silliness of of all was wonderful!

Donna and Sophie were ah-may-zing. It makes me feel awkward that I now have a slight crush on both of them (since they play a mother/daughter). What can I say? Women that can sing get me every time. We got to take our picture with Donna and Sam for donating money to charity. How awesome is that? In brightly colored spandex too. haha.

The best part of it all was taking my little cousin. She's a teenager, but we have a shared love for musicals (along with my other cousin that came with us) and we got to take her to her first musical! She had the biggest smile plastered to her face. It makes me wish I took her to see Rent.

It's gonna be a crazy musical month for me. Next up I have Dirty Dancing, Grease, and Shen Yun. I bought Dirty Dancing tickets for my sister as a birthday present, we are watching Grease the very next day haha. My sister bought Shen Yun tickets as a birthday/mother's day present for my mom. More about it here.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm glad you had a good time, even with that weird lady scratching your arm. I'm not a fan of musicals, but I do like Mama Mia since I know all the songs.

Erin said...

Haha, usually I wouldn't mind ladies scratching my arm, but in this case it was rather creepy.