Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Nashville Highlights

I love the south. It may be too conservative for me, but it is amazing. People are actually... Nice. I nearly fell over with shock. Nahsville had such a unique... vibe to it everywher I went. The houses were all cute and unique, not cloned from one house on the entire block. And there was so much to do! This started out in order, but then just went all over the place. Scattered like my mind.

I was instantly happy when I saw my best friend at the airport. I was so excited I pretty much jumped on top of her when I saw her and almost knocked her over. She drove my bum ass around all weekend and I felt horrible at cutting into her research time. Meeting her friends was also super amazing. I <3 nerds. They were a riot.

My first full day was spent observing research for a few hours(which to me is super awesome). Then we went for a walk in the park. Nashville has a replica of the Parthenon. I laughed my butt off when she told me that. Seeing was believing. Then I tripped on the stairs. Go me! Then we drove to a drive-in to watch Monsters vs Aliens. It was cold and I was freezing, but it was fun. Then we went drinking in Nashvegas where I rode my first ever mechanical bull. I fell on my head... in style. Then got another drink to nurse my ego. We also saw a live band with a very cute fiddle player. They were really good.

The live music in Nashville was beyond expectations. Really talented musicians with a lot of character.

Saturday night I got a wee bit drunk and actually danced at some club for two hours. I don't dance people. This is one Asian with no rhythm and two left feet. So I must have been feeling pretty good. I wasn't feeling so good the next day haha.

We also drove around Natchez Trace. My favorite thing was the wall of trees. Just driving around surrounded by a wall of trees on either side was just so pretty. The two random turkeys running in a field was also pretty awesome. We took a hike off a trail and ended up jumping in a creek just for kicks.

We were having pizza and beer one night with friends and they talked about how M always complained about being single. Somehow they thought it'd be funny if I made out with him to shut him up. I was at a loss for words and before I could reply my friend rescued with me and said "HAHAHA I don't think he's her 'type'." I just giggled and agreed very enthusiastically. I don't think they quite got it.

Really the best part of the trip was just spending time with her. I missed our pizza and beer nights, and just hanging out with her. Maybe I should move to Nashville haha.

No comments: