Thursday, October 29, 2009

Gays Anatomy

I believe I started calling Grey's anatomy, Gays Anatomy after reading a blog post byLauren. Amazing writer, wise beyond her years! Check her out if you haven't already.

I've been plagued by insomnia again. I spent the last 3 weeks in sleep comas. I couldn't stay awake for more than 5 hours without abruptly falling asleep in the most inappopriate places (i.e. metro trains, checking emails, break rooms at work, cars, buses, it got pretty bad that I avoided going anywhere far). The upside side of this is I actually slept at normal hours before 1 AM. Downside is I still felt lethargic and useless during the day and still fell asleep everywhere.

Unfortunately I lost that awesome I can sleep before 1am bit. Which leaves me with a lot of night time thinking, reading (I've read 2 books in 2 days, starting on my third), and watching tv online.

I think it started last night because I was so anxious and nervous about the MRI I was scheduled to have today. I couldn't sleep until about 5am. That resulted in book #2, 2 episodes of House, and 3 episodes of Greys anatomy. (Yes, I am aware I am a nerd with a love of medical shows, as well as forensics (CSI, Bones), and well Glee. Because Glee is amazing.

I cannot stay on a point to save my life. Master of Digression, thy name is Carolyn. Anywho, so I've been sad that Grey's Anatomy has not been giving much screen time to the best couple on there: Arizona Robbins and Callie Torres. Yes, I may be biased, but they are both amazing, funny characters and cuuute couple. I also secretly love little Grey.

I basically stopped watching Grey's a month ago because I was really only interested in their story line and was more involved in Bones and Glee. Oh I should not have done that because those three episodes were a bit more on the Arizona/Callie storyline. They made me giggle, laugh, and happy. (Oh god, I'm living vicariously through fictional characters... must move self back to reality) But the second episode I watched where Callie's dad brought a priest to the ER and Callie's great response 'YOU CAN'T PRAY AWAY THE GAY, DAD. YOU CAN'T PRAY AWAY THE GAY!!!'

Quite possibly my new favorite quote. I am rooting for them, as lame as it sounds. But secretly, I want my own Arizona Robbins. Who wouldn't want a hot peds doctor that has a good head on her shoulders and rolly shoes? She can put me in my place any day.

.... I think I've been escaping reality too much lately. Every few months I go through at least 2 days of what I call 'The anti-social phase' where I do nothing but read and ignore text messages and phone calls. It's good for the soul, but not so good to lose too much touch with reality.

No comments: