Thursday, November 6, 2008

Oh now you've just gone and made me angry.



I came to work today in an actual good mood, minus the sleepily tripping over a stool and knocking over an entire shelf of 'L' medications. My patients weren't rude, which is a miracle, I was doing fine. It was busy, and I was with 'the guys', except the guys are starting to really get on my nerves. I think I just stress myself out by trying to do everything because they can't seem to handle their one job. Maybe my standards are too high, maybe it's both. Ha.

I talked to my assistant manager briefly today on the phone. Her first words were "I'm so sorry about prop 8!" As horrible as it is, and that it made Obama's victory bittersweet for me and many others, it's not a defeat I'm willing to accept. Just because prop 8 passed by less than 4% doesn't mean I'm going to stop fighting for what's right.

It's true, I'm not going to stop fighting, because accepting defeat is not an option. Especially not something this important. If interracial marriages were still illegal, my brother would not be married to my wonderful sister in law. Prop 8 passing just fuels my drive to fight it. Discrimination is never an easy fight to win, and it's one I'm willing to fight for until it's won.

What is unacceptable is someone who considers themselves my friend would actually say "Get over it, it's over." She had the audacity to tell me that I should just accept something this ridiculous? That is unacceptable. Just because we lost this fight doesn't mean I'm going to roll over and stop fighting for what I believe is right. As harsh as this sounds, I'm glad I never truly considered her a friend. My friends wouldn't support something that would take away anyone's rights.

Yeah, now you've got me angry. Let's go. I'm ready to fight because I'm not going down quietly. 8 years ago prop 22 passed by a 31% margin. This year it was less than 4%.

No one will ever tell me who I can or can't love. Go to hell if you can think you can say who I can or cannot marry.

And while we're on anger, directed at a few certain people, don't you ever fucking dare tell me what to do. (Unrelated to the above topic) My life is my business. I will not drop whatever I'm doing every time you want me to do something. Don't you dare fucking get in my face and ask me what the hell I think I'm doing. I am doing my work. Some people may be used to getting what they want from me, but they better not think I won't stand up for myself. If I am busy doing my school work, I will not allow you to stand in my way. You hypocrite.

Oh and by the way, you hate gays right? Well you've got one. You lost any right to be a part of my life when you hated a part of who I am. I can't change for you or anyone else.

Yeah, I'm taking a stand. You gotta problem with that?



I also have an urge to yank those yes on 8 signs that are still up across the street from my work and take them to the shooting range to blast NO right through the yes. Is that terrible?

No comments: